I've not been able to take a screenshot as the pop up appears at side of screen and the screenshot just takes the main screen without itWelcome to the Tech Support Guy malware removal forum.
I'm iMacg3 and will be helping you.
Please keep the following information in mind before we begin:
- Do not run any fixes or tools on your system unless I request that you do so.
- Please read all instructions carefully, and complete them in the order listed.
- If your computer seems to start working normally, please don't abandon the topic. Just because your computer doesn't seem to have a problem doesn't mean that it isn't infected.
- If you have pirated or illegal software on your computer, uninstall it now before proceeding.
- If you have questions about anything during the cleanup, please ask.
Please take a screenshot of the pop-ups, and attach it to your reply.
Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right-click FRST/FRST64 and select Run as administrator. (Windows XP users double-click on the file).
- If you receive a SmartScreen alert, click More Info, then Run Anyway.
- When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Attach it to your reply.
- The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this, along with FRST.txt, to your reply.
Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.
If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.
Join over 807,865 other people just like you!