1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed BADLY... :-(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by googooly, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. googooly

googooly Thread Starter

Hi there,

Recently I have upgraded my PC with some new kits: Asus motherboard, ADM 64
    3200, ATI RADEON X1900(HIS Excalibar) Graphic card PCI Express and a 430 power suply. But as soon as I turn the computer on I get this wierd ERROR in blue background. I have the taken picture of the error and I'll give you the link to have a look at it and tell me what can be the problem.

Could this be a hardware problem or just some technichal issue?

here are the links:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Trooperr/DSC05101.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Trooperr/DSC05100.jpg

I will be so happy if someone out there could help me as this upgrade has costed me alot of money and im not really happy at the moment.

P.s this is my brother pc im posting this.

cheers.

2. seekermeister

seekermeister

3. googooly

googooly Thread Starter

hey seekmeister,

is there anyway that I can fix the problem? or is it hardware problem? any suggestion please?

im not really good with fixing the copmuters only good with using them gaaaaahhh!!!

By the way Here are the Exact parts that I have bought:

1.Thermaltake PurePower TWV 430W ATX2.0 PSU
    2.HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X1900 XT ICEQ 3 SILENT Heatpipe 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
    3.AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - OEM (CP-147-AM)
    4.Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-118-AS)

I hope this help,

Guys if you need anything else please ask me, and I will tell you. thanks alot.

4. seekermeister

seekermeister

I doubt that item 1 is any problem. If you have another video card, the easiest thing to check first, is to exchange it and see if the problem remains. Again, I doubt that item 3 or 4 are problems either, however, it is a process of elimination.

5. Jones

Jones

Did you reinstall Windows? Win XP won't work with a new motherboard. A fresh install is required when you upgrade this kind of stuff.

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You say you installed these parts as an upgrade to your existing system? If this is true, did you install windows as a fresh clean install? If not Windows is looking for the old hardware. Such as the old Motherboard and chipset. When doing an upgrade of this scope it is best to do a fresh clean install of windows and then install the Motherboard drivers that came with the new motherboard.

7. Jones

Jones

Beat you to it Dusty! :D

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    by a 10th of a second too!

9. Richardcj

Richardcj

a repair installation may be able to take care of this. Your settings will remain intact along with any installed programs. A clean install is recommended though, but that decision is left up to you.

10. googooly

googooly Thread Starter

thanks for the reply guys.

When I first set up my new PC I installed a new Windows XP. First everything was fine and I had no problem for like a day. next day I turned my PC on then suddenly I got this wierd Error with blue background( The error title changes often though). I couldn't load windows anyhow, so I had to uninstall the windows again and install it again, this time I got the windows working but AS SOON AS I installed the graphic card driver I got the Error again. Now the windows won't even load up. I get this Error all the time before the windows start up.

Could it be the graphic card that is faulty?

I hope my explanation was undrestanable.

Thank again.

11. googooly

googooly Thread Starter

One thing I forgot to mention is that I get this Error EVEN when I'm reinstall the windows, It just happens randomly during the windows installation. Could this be any help towards a clue of what could be wrong?

12. googooly

googooly Thread Starter

Someone on some other forum suggested this to me:
    "Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP.

To work around this behavior, manually install the Standard PC hardware abstraction layer (HAL) [as follows]:
    1. Restart the computer to restart Setup.
    2. When Setup starts again, press F7 (not F6) when you see the "Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen.
    Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL and installs the Standard PC HAL.

I did exactly what it said in there, but this time I got difrent error which is this:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rr/DSC05102.jpg

Anyone got any Idea what could be the problem?

13. seekermeister

seekermeister

Your link doesn't work.

14. curloid

curloid

jones:
    it is possible to change the m/board and not reinstall (xp pro).
    i have done this (once) and it was a surprise for me. the only thing is you have to enter all your app serial numbers and install hardware drivers so a reinstall is on the whole probably easier.

15. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Here is the correct proceedure for performing a repair installation of WinXp either home or pro version.

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
    When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
    This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
    Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
    Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
    Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!
    Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Reapply updates or service packs applied since initial Windows XP installation. Please note that a Repair Install using an Original pre service pack 1 or 2 XP CD used as the install media will remove SP1/SP2 respectively and service packs plus updates isssued after the service packs will need to be reapplied.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice