1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed! Cannot connect to facebook :)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jaina89, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaina89

jaina89 Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

I know that other people have posted such threads but I've done everything and nothing helps, so here I am

Ok, it all started yesterday when I was stupid enough to open a link a friend sent me. It was of course a virus. I ran a couple of anti-virus/anti-malwere programs and I think I got everything cleared. However I am not able to connect to facebook - it says that it cannot connect securely to the server or that the link is broken, or that the "server refused the connection". I have no problems with any other site. I have Windows 7 and I usually use Google Chrome but I've also tried FireFox and IE - nothing works. I tried everything I could find on the internet - I cleared all the cookies, I changed my DNS, I don't know what else to do. Please help!!!

2. jaina89

jaina89 Thread Starter

Yeah, thanks for the help :D Anyway, in case somebody else is in the same situation, here's what I did: a system restore! And now everything is back to normal :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice