Help Needed for Recovery

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mkjones

I have messed up and compromised my work computer! I actually have (2) coinciding issues, but work in an office with no onsite IT support and have no one to ask for help.

I'm working with Vista/MS Office 2007...

1- Upon completion of a MS word document (using a prexisting MS word doc as a template) it appeared that the document was corrupt (invisible images/lines/boxes visible over the watermark). I searched online, and found what seemed to be a way to remove those images, which it did. However, in the process it also removed ALL of the identical images (logos, clipart?) from ALL of the existing word documents in my files. I've tried sending the same type doc and images from other sources, but when I open it the image isn't there! My coworker sent the same doc to me via email- the image (logo) was there (displaced) but when I tried to copy/paste, I couldn't do it- it's like the program doesn't recognize the image at all.

2- That same day, I was in the computer trying to find the image and apparently reconfigured the MS office suite? Although that's secondary and doesn't seem to be presenting any real issues (other than reconfiguring everytime I open word, excel, ppt, etc) but following this whole debacle, now one of the docs I was working on has a password lock on it?? When I try to open it, it says:

" 'Supportability Plan' is reserved by Help. Enter password to modify, or open read only. "

What the heck have I done and how did I do it??

Thank you for your help!!

MK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online