1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed in Ghana!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by richard47, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richard47

richard47 Thread Starter

I have a serious prolem with a hard drive. It was producing serious error (0x00007 etc..) . The technicaian I contacted informed me he would partition the drive in question and recoup the data on the other portion however the format was unsuccessful and was aborted at 2%. Now it work even startup - no error messages dos prompts nothing. Even when I have paralleled it with an operating drive I still can not view any data on it. My abilities and resources are limited! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Richard

2. $teve

$teve

hi richard,welcome to T.S.G.
    how did this "technician" try to format the drive?
    by booting from a floppy or the windows cd?

3. richard47

richard47 Thread Starter

Hi Steve

It was booted from CD.

Richard

4. $teve

$teve

ok.........so its set to boot from cdrom.

boot with the 2000/xp disk..... at the 1st blue screen hit repair.
    at the 2nd hit install.
    you will get the option to format the drive using fat32 or ntfs file system(your choice)then the drive will be formated and windows setup should occur,you will need the product key.
    hope this helps....let us know.
    good luck;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice