1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Needed! message saying 'virtual memory is low' keeps coming up.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by asonofleemarvin, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asonofleemarvin

asonofleemarvin Thread Starter

Aug 19, 2009
    My computer is always coming up with a message that says 'windows virtual memory is low' and yet I dont even run that many programs.
    granted my computer is old and I should probably buy more memory for it - though i can't afford it - but is there a program or process i should run for my computer to make the most of the memory it has and therefore run more smoothly, and therefore not flash the message 'low on virtual memory' up at me all the time????
  2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Mar 9, 2009
    Read this to help you understand how virtual memory works and what you can do to fix it.
  3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

May 12, 2002
    How much RAM is in that computer?

How large is the hard drive and how much free space is there?

When you press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open Windows Task Manager and go into the Processes tab, how many running processes are there?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857748