1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Needed Please Pc Loop!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mitch73, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mitch73

mitch73 Thread Starter

Hi all
    I urgently need help on my sons PC. It has been working fine but today when he went to switch it on, it boots up and then a blue screen flashes and then it automatically boots up again in a continuous loop. I have tried logging on in safemode and nothing happens, also booting from xp disk and repairing but no luck. The stop message says: STOP 0X0000007B, (0XF88BA524, 0X00000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000.

Any help anyone would be able to give would be great. Many thanks.
    Mitch.:(

2. leanne1984

leanne1984

This could be for a number of reasons. There could be a virus or a hardware problem for example. The first thing you should do is to disconnect all external USB devices from the PC and then restart. If it works then there has obviously been a problem with one of the drivers. Finding out what device it is could take time, but once you have found out then re-installing the driver should solve the problem.

If it doesn't work despite having everything disconnected then a virus could be the culprit. Enter your PC in safe mode by pressing either the delete, F4 or F5 key to get on to the boot options menu (whichever is the correct key for your machine). When you select safe mode you can then run an Anti-virus program and leavie it to do all the work. If you don't have one, then buy one as now is the time you need it and this will avoid this problem in the future!

If removing and cleaning all viruses doesn't work, you could try creating a new account by going through control panel.

3. mitch73

mitch73 Thread Starter

Hi thanx for your reply will give it a try.:)

4. mitch73

mitch73 Thread Starter

Hi I tried what you suggested but still no luck. The computer will not go into safemode, when I click on it it all just scrolls and then the computer restarts again. Anything else I could try?

5. leanne1984

leanne1984

If you can't even get into safe mode, I guess you do have a boot file virus. There are sites on the net that allow you to create an XP boot disk. Try http://www.theeldergeek.com/create_xp_boot_disk.htm You will obviously have to use the computer you are on now to create such disk. Once you are into the system if you can get there, you should access the anti-virus program and set it to a scan next time it re-boots so it can check all system files in depth.

If that doesn't work you might have to install the operating system. The best thing to do will be to wipe the drive clean (re-format). You will lose your data but at least the computer will run again. Hopefully, you won't need to do this.

6. dogged

dogged

if you do decide on the re-install be sure and choose the slow format and not the quick format. another idea to try is to just put in a different hard drive and see if the computer boots with a different drive. if you still get the loops and errors then now you know it is still a hardware issue which means removing any extra hardware ie: video card, nic, modem, sound card etc.... one at a time and trying to reboot. if the computer boots fine with the different drive then you more than likely do have a boot sector virus and the only best cure for that is to f-n-r it. format-n-re-install. granted this is my advice and so this is what i would do myself. two rules i follow is one never keep anything on my machine that i cannot afford to lose and two is that i put or save my files to a second drive or cd media. mainly because i wipe my drive constantly playing with this OS or that OS.

7. vicks

vicks

What OS are you using (XP, o8 or what) If XP tap the f8 key when booting, this should open the safe mode for you. Oh, you need not purchase an antivirus program. Grisoft's AVG anti virus works very well, also another one called Avast is excellent and both are free. Links available at www.download.com or www.majorgeek.com
    good luck

vicks.

8. dogged

dogged

don't forget spybot search and destroy a family favorite for me hehe :)

9. mitch73

mitch73 Thread Starter

Hi many thanks for your messages. I could only reply now as had internet problems!! I'm still having problems with my sons computer. I have just done chkdsk /r and the message came up with :The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.

I am running windows xp professional. I also tried the safe mode on F8 and all it does is scroll about system 32 and then thats it, it won't actually let me get into the computer. Unfortuantely I do not have acess to another hard drive, only the one on this machine and as I don't know what I would be doing, do not want to take mine apart and risk breaking that one to. So please any help anyone would be able to give would be great.

Thanks Mitch

10. m_r_jackson90

m_r_jackson90

hi, im having the same problem. my computer does not have a floppy drive and i dont have the XP cd rom. any ideas how to fix this

11. mitch73

mitch73 Thread Starter

Hi anyone able to offer any advice before I throw my sons' pc out of his bedroom window!!!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice