1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help needed please people

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by johneiuk, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johneiuk

johneiuk Thread Starter

right my mate has a problem with his pc he is running windows ME
    he gets when he starts his pc this message

Money express requires at least 256 colors to display properly. Please adjusst your monitor's display options accordingly. Do you want to exit money express now? yes no

he clicks away and the screen is all big and funny he tires to change the pixels rate and colour but when it has to restart the pc it starts up with the same error message and the screen goes all weird again
    please help many thanks john

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The only suggestion I'd have is to reinstall the video adapter drivers.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The resolution is probably set to 640 X 480 and the color palette is probably set to 16-color. That's why everything looks so big and the color is washed out.

Go into the Device Manager and click the + next to Display Adapters. What's listed there for the type of display adapter?

As DoubleHelix already said, the drivers for the display adapter need to be installed. The drivers can't be installed though until you confirm the type of display adapter in that computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. johneiuk

johneiuk Thread Starter

hi many thanks i will get him to look at that and find out for me i will post more when i know, thanks again

5. GreyGuy

GreyGuy

Another fix might be...

Start
    Run
    type MSConfig
    look to the StartUp tab and remove (uncheck) Money Expess from starting up everytime your computer starts up.

For that matter remove any programs you don't want to start automatically. They just eat up your RAM.

I think this works on 98SE & ME... Lemme know!

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Windows ME should always have these startup entries checked:

ScanRegistry

SystemTray

StateMgr

Antivirus program entries

Firewall program entries

Most of the other startup entries don't need to be checked.

You can research your startup list and decide which ones to check or uncheck by making use of this site:

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?type=&filter=&count=100&offset=0

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. johneiuk

johneiuk Thread Starter

i got him to follow the steps on device manager and it came up with internal(r) 82810 graphics conrtoler, i got him to do the start up items and that fixed the error but he is still having problems changing his pixels size

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The driver for the Intel 82810 graphics controller can be downloaded from:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...ame=Windows*+Me&lang=eng&strOSs=22&submit=Go!

Click the .exe file link - not the .zip file link.

When the next webpage appears, click the "Download" link.

When the next webpage appears, scroll down to the bottom and click "Accept".

When the next webpage appears, click the .exe file link.

When the small window appears with the win9xe67.exe file, click "Save" and then select a location to save the file.

After the file has been downloaded and saved, double-clicking it will start the install process of the graphics driver.

After it's been installed, restart the computer.

After the computer restarts and the desktop loads, you should be able to go into the display properties and set the resolution to the desired size.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice