1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by leeandal, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeandal

leeandal Thread Starter

My Pc has been infected with something like smartfraud (RPCC.dll) when ever I boot up the PC freezes & I can't do anything. To get the PC to do anything i have to boot into safe mode. Whilst in safe mode I've ran Norton NOD32 & Spybot but non of them find anything.

Cheers Lee

2. kshitijdivakar

kshitijdivakar

Try these :

First uninstall the smartfraud from add/remove programs then goto Start>>run and type "regedit" press enter and choose Hkey_Local_Software from the left pane. Find a folder named "smartfraud" in the tree list, delete it and restart the system.

OR

In safe mode search for "smartfraud (RPCC.dll)" & delete all the search results.

OR

If you are running windows xp try to run system restore utility to a previous date.

OR

Try the above two steps together.

Solve or Not ? tell me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice