Help needed to connect laptop to 5.1 speakers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kingy61

Hi, I need help to connect my Logitech x530 speakers to my laptop, my old soundcard does not support windows 10 so I'm looking for a new soundcard with 3x RCA to USB and I'm having trouble finding the right soundcard to buy. I'm in Australia.

Attachments

Oddba11

Jim
Just wanted to point out that those speakers, nor the image attached to the OP, are RCA connectors. Those are standard 3.5mm jacks.

Any semi current audio card should have 3.5mm inputs/outputs. The only thing you really need to watch, is to ensure you select a model that supports 5.1 (or higher) audio output.

plodr

Liz
Connect the green, black and orange input to the matching plugs on your computer.
These are all 3.5mm, as Jim posted, not RCA. Do you have an external sound card on the laptop?

Kingy61

Thanks for everyone's help, true that pictured was 3.5mm Jacks (my mistake) thanks for pointing this out to me. I ended up finding a sound card that supports Windows 10, Sound Blaster X-fi V3 it was pricey and it's on it's way over. Thanks again dear friends have a nice day 😊

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online