Help Needed to get rid of spysheriff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

truffalo

I used a shared computer and another member of my family accidentally clicked yes to install spysherif. He was using yahoo mail at the time and msn messenger kept trying to start up. When I got home, fortunately, I ctrl + alt + delete-d out of the program before my family member ran the fake spyware program. But, now I have a blue destop background with "SPYWARE INFECTION" in red letters on a black box and the message below it is "Your system is infected with spyware. Windows recommends you to use a spyware removal toll to prevent loss of important data and increase system preformance. Using this PC before having it cleaned from spyware threats is highly discouraged." (their misspelling on "preformance" not mine ;))

Also on my taskbar a message keeps popping up from a red X icon that says:

"Your computer is infected!
Windows has detected a spyware infection!

It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to precent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.

Click here to protect your computer from spyware!"

When I try to access the internet, the following happens. Please note I have taken out the numbers of my IP address and name of my ISP. Whoever wrote these warning files sure knows how to sound scary, although doesn't really know English that well. :p

Internet Explorer goes to the adress C:\secure32.html. The following is on the page:

"Detected SPYware! System error #384

Your IP address is [I have omitted IP address]. Using this address a remote computer has gained anacess to your computer and probably is collecting the information about the sites you've visited and the files contained in the folder Temporary Internet Files. Attention! Ask for help or install the softwared for deleting secret information about the site you visited.

Your computer is full of evidences!
ISP of transmission: [I have omitted my ISP]
Your IP address: [I have omitted my IP adress]
They know you're using: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Your computer is: Windows XP
Risk Status for further investigation: VERY HIGH RISK"

(Three links are provided below)
"To protect from the Spyware - click here"
"To prevent information transmission - click here"
"To delet the history of your activity, click here"

I read the messages posted here about spysherrif but it seems that thespysheriff removal instructions vary from user to user depending on what is running, etc. I know how to get to the processes running but am not sure how to get the list without typing it from scratch. Is there an easier way? I am sending this from another computer as I can't access the internet on the affected computer.

Please help me get rid of this spysheriff. :confused: Thanks.

truffalo

Thank you for responding so quickly :) :
Here are the Logfile contents: Btw, I have no idea why aol is on this list??? I don't use it.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:05:18 PM, on 12/26/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\paytime.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\winstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\OLFSNT40.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\[I deleted the user name]\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = c:\secure32.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = c:\secure32.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = c:\secure32.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = c:\secure32.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\secure32.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\secure32.html
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PayTime] C:\WINDOWS\system32\paytime.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PayTime] C:\WINDOWS\system32\paytime.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySheriff] C:\Program Files\SpySheriff\SpySheriff.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Symantec Fax Starter Edition Port.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\OLFSNT40.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {ED28050F-D713-43BA-A376-DCC5C35407D5} (MsnMusicAx Class) - https://music.msn.com/client/msnmusax3209.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Please save or print these instructions before beginning.
  • Open Microsoft Anti-Spyware and click Options>>Settings.
  • Click Realtime Protection in the left pane.
  • Uncheck these options:

Enable the Microsoft Security Agents on startup. (recommended)
    Enable real-time spyware threat protection. (recommended)
  • Click Save
  • Right click the MS AntisSpyware icon in the system tray and choose Shutdown Microsoft Anti-Spyware
  • Turn these options back on when you're finished with all other instructions
  • Move HijackThis to a permanent folder such as your Desktop
  • Save smitRem to your Desktop and run smitRem.exe
  • Download and install Ewido Security Suite
  • During the installation, uncheck the following under Additional Options:

Install background guard
    Install scan via context menu
  • Run Ewido and click OK when prompted to update the program
  • On the left side of the screen, click update>>Start
  • When the update is finished, exit Ewido
  • Go to Start>>Run>>services.msc>>OK
  • Right-click AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) and choose Properties
  • On the General tab under Service Status, click Stop
  • Set Startup Type to Disabled and click Apply>>OK
    NOTE: If you get an error while attempting to stop the service, skip this step and continue with the instructions​
  • Run HijackThis and click Do a system scan only
  • Put a checkmark next to any of the following entries that appear, and click Fix Checked:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = c:\secure32.html
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = c:\secure32.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = c:\secure32.html
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = c:\secure32.html
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\secure32.html
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\secure32.html
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PayTime] C:\WINDOWS\system32\paytime.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PayTime] C:\WINDOWS\system32\paytime.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySheriff] C:\Program Files\SpySheriff\SpySheriff.exe
  • Exit HijackThis
  • Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Program
  • Uninstall any of the following programs that appear in the list:

SpySherrif
    AOL
    ViewPoint Manager
  • Open to smitRem folder and run RunThis.bat. Follow the onscreen prompts
  • Run Ewido Security Suite
  • Click scanner>>Complete System Scan
  • Click OK when prompted to clean the problems found
  • When the scan is finished, click Save Report and save a copy of this log to your Desktop
  • Exit Ewido
  • Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Programs
  • Click Reset Web Settings>>Apply>>OK
  • Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Display>>Desktop
  • Click Customize Desktop>>Web
  • If you see an entry called Security info or something similar, select it and click Delete>>OK>>Apply>>OK
  • Run KillBox and go to Action>>Delete on Reboot
  • Go to File>>Add File and select each of the following file/folder paths

c:\secure32.html
    C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\
    C:\Program Files\SpySheriff\
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\
  • Go to Action>>Process and Reboot>>Yes
    WARNING:: Your computer will be restarted. Any unsaved work in open applications will be lost.​
  • Post the contents of C:\smitfiles.txt
  • Post the contents of the Ewido Security Suite report that you saved to your Desktop earlier
  • Run HijackThis and click Do a system scan and save a log file
  • Your HijackThis log will open in Notepad. Post the contents of the log here

truffalo

I have done all the previous scans. Hopefully I did them all correctly. Here are the things that did not go exactly according to your instructions. I don't know which of them if any are important. Below these comments I have posted all the reports. :) The black box is gone and so is the x on the taskbar with the popup message, but the background is still blue. Is this just a default color?

Comments:
Comment 1:
When I did the following step,
"Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Program
Uninstall any of the following programs that appear in the list:

SpySherrif
AOL
ViewPoint Manager"

Aol was on the add/remove list but when I went to remove, I got a message that no previous versions could be found:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment 2:
When I ran Runthis.bat, the disk clean took almost no time at all. Was everything ok?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment 3:
When I did the following step,
Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Display>>Desktop
Click Customize Desktop>>Web
If you see an entry called Security info or something similar, select it and click Delete>>OK>>Apply>>OK

there was no file called Security Info but there was a file called My Home Page. It could not be selected or deleted so I'm assuming this is the default. Is that correct?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment 4:
When I did the following step:
Run KillBox and go to Action>>Delete on Reboot
Go to File>>Add File and select each of the following file/folder paths

c:\secure32.html
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\

The following files were not there. I deleted the others.
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\[/I][/B] (there was no folder called PROGRAM~1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCAN RESULTS:
Here are the results of my scans. In all my reports, I replaced the computer name with "User" or "user user." I did 2 Kaspersky scans as I wasn't sure which one was recommended:

Kaspersky Critical Scan Report:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ON-LINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, December 26, 2005 22:35:59
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky On-line Scanner version: 5.0.67.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 27/12/2005
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 157491

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: standard
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - Critical Areas:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\DOCUME~1\USER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 15352
Number of viruses found: 0
Number of infected objects: 0
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 843 sec
No malware has been detected. The sections that have been scanned are CLEAN.

Scan process completed.

Kaspersky Hard Drive Scan Report:
KASPERSKY ON-LINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, December 26, 2005 23:40:28
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky On-line Scanner version: 5.0.67.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 27/12/2005
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 157491
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: standard
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 62716
Number of viruses found: 17
Number of infected objects: 46
Number of suspicious objects: 1
Duration of the scan process: 3145 sec

Infected Object Name - Virus Name
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file\omfg.class-352f55f0-154ed341.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenStream.y
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file\omfg.class-40baf3a5-18e48bf9.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenStream.y
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file\omfg.class-486c9904-29e5722e.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenStream.y
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\01F93249.zip/Bubble.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.e
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\01F93249.zip/VerifierBug.class Infected: Exploit.Java.Bytverify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\01F93249.zip/Dummy.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.c
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\01F93249.zip/Beyond.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenStream.h
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\01F93249.zip Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenStream.h
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\0A4D2CC2.htm Infected: Exploit.HTML.Mht
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\11B02C26.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.LowZones.df
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\19017DB9.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.LowZones.df
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\1A550C44.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.LowZones.df
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3D2865FF Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3D2B0FFB Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E1D436F.htm Suspicious: Exploit.HTML.Mht
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E346955.htm Infected: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Small.d
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E371352.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.c
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E3B3D4E.class Infected: Exploit.Java.Bytverify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\4DC110E3.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\4DC864DC.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\552516C1.zip/BlackBox.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\552516C1.zip/VerifierBug.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\552516C1.zip/Beyond.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.aa
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\552516C1.zip Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.aa
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D173162 Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.d
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D1E055B/BlackBox.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D1E055B/VerifierBug.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D1E055B/Beyond.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.aa
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D1E055B Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.aa
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\683344EE.htm Infected: Exploit.HTML.Mht
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\6BA4724D.class Infected: Exploit.Java.Bytverify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780C1934.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.c
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780F4331.htm Infected: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Weis.b
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780F4331.zip/GetAccess.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.c
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780F4331.zip/InsecureClassLoader.class Infected: Exploit.Java.Bytverify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780F4331.zip/Dummy.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.a
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780F4331.zip/Installer.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.v
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\780F4331.zip Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.v
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7898269A.class Infected: Exploit.Java.Bytverify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B2F71C0.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.c
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B2F71C0.zip/GetAccess.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.c
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B2F71C0.zip/InsecureClassLoader.class Infected: Exploit.Java.Bytverify
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B2F71C0.zip/Dummy.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.a
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B2F71C0.zip/Installer.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.v
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B2F71C0.zip Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.v
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7B331BBD.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.a
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP394\A0054649.exe Infected: not-virus:Hoax.Win32.Renos.aj

Scan process completed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents of C:\smitfiles.txt:

smitRem © log file
version 2.8

by noahdfear

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Mon 12/26/2005
The current time is: 20:53:12.98

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

checking for ShudderLTD key

ShudderLTD key not present!

checking for PSGuard.com key

PSGuard.com key not present!

spyaxe uninstaller NOT present

Existing Pre-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

SpySheriff

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

Install.dat

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

logfiles

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

desktop.html

~~~ Drive root ~~~

winstall.exe

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03
Copyright(C) 2002-2003 [email protected]
Killing PID 724 'explorer.exe'

Starting registry repairs

Deleting files

Remaining Post-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

~~~ Wininet.dll ~~~

CLEAN! :)

EWIDO SCAN:
---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 9:47:29 PM, 12/26/2005
+ Report-Checksum: D39454B8

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.247realmedia : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Specificclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Addynamix : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Atdmt : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Addcontrol : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Bfast : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Bluestreak : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Burstnet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Centrport : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Bridgetrack : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitslink : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Sextracker : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Sextracker : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitslink : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Sextracker : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Sexcounter : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Clickzs : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Clickzs : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Fastclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Wegcash : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Masterstats : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Paycounter : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Wegcash : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Qksrv : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Revenue : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Sexlist : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Spylog : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Webtrendslive : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Valueclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Valueclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Burstbeacon : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Burstnet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Xxxcounter : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\user [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Adserver : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\MediaPipe\altpayV2.exe -> Adware.WeirWeb : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP367\A0051973.dll -> Spyware.MetaDirect : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP367\A0051974.dll -> Spyware.MetaDirect : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP367\A0052005.exe -> Adware.WeirWeb : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP394\A0054594.dll -> Adware.SpySheriff : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP394\A0054596.dll -> Spyware.SpywareNo : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP394\A0054597.dll -> Adware.SpySheriff : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP394\A0054645.exe -> Adware.SpySheriff : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP394\A0054646.exe -> Not-A-Virus.Hoax.Win32.Renos.aj : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\soft.exe -> Not-A-Virus.Hoax.Win32.Renos.aj : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Reports are continued in next post due to character limit.;)

truffalo

Here's the Hijack This log:

Scan saved at 11:54:30 PM, on 12/26/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\User Guy\Desktop\spywarefix\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Symantec Fax Starter Edition Port.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\OLFSNT40.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/kws/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {ED28050F-D713-43BA-A376-DCC5C35407D5} (MsnMusicAx Class) - https://music.msn.com/client/msnmusax3209.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Btw, why does it take so many programs to remove a spyware infection?:confused: Also what can I do to help prevent this in the future? I have Microsoft XP Firewall and I thought I had an additional one the person who set up my broadband installed. Also I run adaware and microsoft spyware scans. Also it seems Norton does not catch so many viruses...as I saw quite a few files in the Kaspersky report.That was a lot reports to read. Many thank yous.:)

Clear your java cache: http://fxtrade.oanda.com/help/clear_cache.shtml#WIN_IE
Fix these in HijackThis:

Locate and delete c:\secure32.html

Most of the viruses Kaspersky found were either already removed by Norton or not really viruses (less serious problems.)
You might want to read this: http://castlecops.com/postlite7736-.html

truffalo

Cleared javacache, disable d then enabled Sytem restore. The ran hickjack this to delete the files specific. On the last step, "Locate and delete c:\secure32.html" I couldn't find such a file to delete. Was there a certain program I needed to use to find it? Or if it's gone, do I just not worry about not worry about that file?

Here's the hijack this log:

Scan saved at 2:08:13 AM, on 12/27/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\User User\Desktop\spywarefix\HijackThis.exe

O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/kws/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe

Now what? I didn't look like I could remove the viruses KAspersky found within the programs. It said these were just for user identification. So from what you said before, I shouldn't worry about the files Kaspersky found b/c Norton had already found them or they were minor?

Are there more steps?:)

Everything should be done, you can do one last Kaspersky scan and we'll make sure the viruses are gone. The ones in the "Quarantine" folder are the ones Norton already fixed.

truffalo

I've just run the additional Kaspersky scan you recommended. It all looks good. All the files it found are already in quarantine. Now I even know how to read the report - LOL.

Thank you SO much. Happy Holidays. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online