Help needed to unbrick Sony Xperia X8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maddarlo

Hi, I've got an old Xperia X8, which I want to bring back to life to use as a video security camera using the AtHome app.

I've backed up all the old files and done a factory reset. Only problem now is that there's no Google Play Store on there so that I can download the AtHome app. There's only the old Android Market, and that no longer works.

Can't install Play via my browser on the phone either as that's not supported.

I've tried adding apps as apk files but just get an error message (even tried older versions).

And the phone won't even let me update the software (currently running Android 2.1).

Also tried one or two PC programs, such as Mobile Go, but that can't "see" the device, at least not enough to do any good.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm out of them!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online