1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed with access database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hazy, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

Hi guys is there anyone out there that can help me I need to create a appointment system for a doctors surgery but I can get the appoinment system to work.

I just want to book appointments for 3 doctors and a nurse. But its not playing and its driving me mad now lol please i beg anyone who can help me please

:confused:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is this a program you designed / purchased / or is it a template from the MS web site ?

3. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

its a basic database i created from scratch its just tables at the moment. I cant work out how to create the form for the appointments

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Hi Hazy, thanks for the PM, I'm not clever with forms etc -I'm sure there are far more knowledgable people on here to advise...

if there is no secuire info you could zip the database up and attach here - with a full description of what you are trying to do and why its not working

5. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

ok thanks for your help.

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

hazy, I will help you with your database, you will either need to post a zipped copy on here or email me a zipped version.

7. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

Thanks so much I have attached my database. Please ignore my failed attempts at the forms. :D

Attached Files:

8. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

hazy, I am looking at your database.
    I have sent you a Private Message with my email address.

9. robbhat

robbhat

Hi OBP/Hazy

I came accross your thread looking for a solution to exactly what Hazy was facing. I am trying to make exactly the same kind of appointment system. If either of you can send me the solution that OBP came up with for Hazy, I would be extremely grateful. will it be too much to request for the solution to Hazy's database....Please????

10. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

i will have a look for the database i think i still have the files somewhere

11. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Here is what I supplied, it was a College project.If this is for work I can help you further.

Attached Files:

12. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I cannot open the two zipped files, since I am at work and they block me from downloading attachments. If either of you that is working on the Access database needs assistance you can PM me and I will give you my e-mail to send it to me directly. I will eyeball it and fix it for you. I enjoy making access datbases and have time to. ;)

13. robbhat

robbhat

Thanks Hazy and OBP. By the way, OBP It was very nice of you to help me. Unfortunately, I am not being allowed to reply to private messages yet. Dunno why!!! I am building the database for myself and it would be great help to receive some guidance from you regarding an appointment system. I have looked at the Active X programme (DayList its called as I recall). But it has serious deficiencies. My email ad is [email protected]. I am going to have a look at the Surgery database that you have attached. If you could email me at that add I can interact with you. If you think thats not appropriate, I will interact here...You are very generous!!!

Rob

14. robbhat

robbhat

Hey Jimr381...Sounds like that your offer is a public one and very altruistic. I wouldnt mind taking that offer on...Let me know if you are up for it

15. slurpee55

slurpee55

robbhat, go back to post 13 and replace the @ with the word at so that bots surfing the net can't read your email and spam you.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice