HELP NEEDED with Dell Latitude CPiA & CPxH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CABRNSUGA

Ok I have 2 problems I need assistance with. 1st issues is with a dell latitude CPxH. Intel 500mhz, 512 ram, 10gb HD, Win 2k. Recently the laptop started making a grinding noise. I panic thinking it was the hard drive, so I purchased a new HD and now the new HD is in and I still get the grinding noise. I think it may be the fan/heat sink. What do you think? Any help determining if its the fan will be greatly appreciated.

2nd issues is with a Dell Latitude CPi PII 300MHz, win 2k. This laptop has been working fine for the longest. No when I turn the laptop on I get the post beeps and the 3 lights flash for about 3 - 5 secs and the laptop turns off.

I have read various forums and no one seems to know how to resolve or what the actual issues are. I have tried new ram, new hard drive, tried reseating the ram and the heat sink. Any ideas. Help!!! I about to throw laptop out the window.

smash

Banned
1st issue sounds like the fan turn it on with cover removed and look n listen to the fans

The first issue is a bad fan. They go bad a lot. See if you can find a good one somewhere and replace it. Its will take a lot of screw removal to get inside.

The second problem is either the processor or motherboard. However you may be lucky as CPia's had a tendency for the processor to come loose. You can try opening the case up ans reseating the processor. That sometimes fixes this problem. BOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online