1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed with excell formula

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rama4672, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rama4672

rama4672 Thread Starter

I need some help to finish this formula:

in col A1 I have a start date, col B1 a finish date and in D1 I have the following formula =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",IF(COUNT(B1),"",INT(TODAY()-A1))) now that works OK, what i want to do is put a formula in E1 that will look at the result of D1 and if it is greater than 10 Put send out 1st letter, this is what i have done =IF(D1>10,"send Letter","") but it puts send letter no matter what is in E1

TIA

Rama

2. deej

deej

I think your formula in D1 is returning a text string not a number. Try this in E1: =IF(VALUE(D1)>10,"send Letter","")

Regards
    Deej

3. rama4672

rama4672 Thread Starter

Thanks for a quick reply deej... That works ok for part of it...... but when i enter a finish date in B1 it should make D1 Blank which it does but then i get an #Value error How do i get round this, I thought that having "" after the text in the formula it should leave it blank

TIA

Rama

4. khaki

khaki

hi Rama...

please forget about posting your formulas (I don't think that they logically - or efficiently - address your objective)

instead... please "write" (explain) what you are looking to accomplish.

5. rama4672

rama4672 Thread Starter

what i am trying to do is get a formula that will automatically input some text in a cell based on the result of another cell that is holding the formula, but if the cell that the result is generated from is blank then i need the end result to also be left blank.
    I hope this has cleared it a bit

TIA

Rama

6. rama4672

rama4672 Thread Starter

Thank you to those that helped with this problem but it is now solved, i worked through it and came up with a formula that did as i wanted it to do.

Rama

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice