Help needed with Iomega

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mshap

Ok I transferred pics from my iomega to my laptop, and looked through them. When I went back to them it says "the drive or network connection is unavailable, make sure the network is available and try again" When I plugged back into my laptop ....nothing, zilch, nil!! Went to pc world who tested and said power was working- even though it doesn't show a light. I need to recover the pics, pc world will do for a fee of between £90-350. Can I transfer the hard drive to my laptop?? Before anyone asks, stupidly I do not have another back up. O/s windows 10

cwwozniak

Chuck
Iomega has many products. What is the exact model number of your particular device?

cwwozniak

Chuck
You could try troubleshooting as to why the drive light does not come on when power is applied. If you would rather just connect hard drive itself to your laptop, you would need an external USB adapter. There is very little chance you could add it as a second drive inside of the laptop.

mshap

thanks was wondering about transferring to laptop to get data

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
If you mean replacing the drive inside the laptop with this one then that won't work without extra steps, you would need to boot an operating system from a USB drive or disc and then have another drive connected to the laptop to copy the data too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts