Help needed with PC please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Enter the bios and verify all components like Hard drive , cdrom . floppy ets are being detected first..

Tabbitha

Thankyou for the suggestion mobo ,but the problem I am having is that i cannot see the screen to do anything .The monitor is powered on and works fine on other tower systems but not on mine

Does the system have intergated or expansion graphics ?

Tabbitha

Now you have totally lost me
Im very technphobic im afraid ,it uses ATI 3D Rage Pro Agp if that is any help

Try either the power supply of video card in another tower as that smoke came from somewhere..

Tabbitha

Ok ,here I am yet again .I have tried everything now that could possibly be wrong.I have taken out cleaned and checked for bad connections everything from my pc .Still no joy.I am not even getting the usual beeps one gets from windows usual start up .I have also tried the memory and it isnt that thats the problem either .I have so far replaced the following
Power Pack
Fan
Motherboard
graphics card

I dont know what else to do

Unhook the disk drives like floppy and cdroms. If those are bad then it will not post as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online