help needed with recording sound URGENT

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alih786

i dont understand this thing with wavepad. i have to explain it in detail.

ok, first of all, i have an audio cassette tape, like this: http://jinternets.files.wordpress.com/2007...etscassette.jpg

the equipment i use are:

RCA cables

Audio Stereo adaptors - i connect both of them - 1 to the audio cassete PLAYER and 1 in the line in source at back of the pc

i click on record on wavepad, press play on the cassette player and it starts playing. - I CAN HEAR THE SOUND OF THE AUDIO TAPE PLAYING ON THE SPEAKER - i want to listen to music from the internet or from saved music on my pc. - how can i do that??? i cant, because the line in source - the audio tape is already playing. MY QUESTION IS, IS THERE ANY WAY TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WITHOUT HEARING THE AUDIO TAPE FROM THE LINE IN SOURCE PLAYING??? if you understand whatn im talking about. i cant turn the volume down on the cassette player otherwise wavepad wont even be able to record the sound. also when i play and listen to the sound/music it ONLY plays on 1 side of the speaker?? any suggestions with that, ive tried moving the volume in the centre so it plays on both sides, still it only plays on 1.

can you help???

Mute playback volume for Line-In.

I don't know about the thing with it only playing on 1 side of the speaker.

Sorry I can't figure out exactly what you want to do...

Do you want to record sound from the tape player while being able to listen to internet audio and music from your PC at the same time? I guess you cannot simply lower the line in volume as this will be equal to lowering the volume of the tape player...You may not be able to do it since special equipment is required.

As for the one speaker thing, if you mean that the sound from the tape player is coming only from one speaker: Make sure that the exit of the tape player and also the recording is stereo. Even if you use stereo cables you will not get stereo signal if the player can only provide mono output. You can later
correct this issue by using editing software like Audacity which is freeware. But you have to make sure that the recording is mono. Are all the instruments of the recording heard from one speaker? Or you miss something?

fairnooks

Banned
I'm not sure about wavepad, but I use Recordpad and with that I select the input channel (line in) and also set the levels there and then I mute line in on the Windows volume control (XP) and I can record all day long without hearing a thing and still use all my other audio channels but you have to leave the main volume control alone once set or that will affect the levels on line in. I haven't used wavepad so I don't know if you can configure it the same way.

As far as the one speaker mono problem goes, check to make sure you have a sterio mini jack adapter going into the line in port as one possibility.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online