1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hELP NEEDED WITH TOSHIBA WEBCAM APP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ShermanB, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShermanB

ShermanB Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P560 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3835 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 463518 MB, Free - 419233 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAE
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled Problem..click on webcam assistant icon and box comes up that says "webcam open fail" Had built in webcam an mic when purchased at first of April..somehow is missing, doesn't show under imaging devices...I have downloaded 2 different drivers from Toshiba that show as being downladed and unzipped, but nothing working..ie message. Maybe the camera itself somehow got fried. I think it's a Chicony 2.0 or supposed to be..HELP..I've playing with this for 10 days.......By direction of Toshiba support...I went back in time dis no good..they are useless...tHANKS FOR ANY HELP.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Reopening per request.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    There is no evidence of the webcam in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are in Device Manager?

4. ShermanB

ShermanB Thread Starter

Webcam driver open fail is message that comes up when I click on webcam Camera Assistant Software

5. ShermanB

ShermanB Thread Starter

webcam driver open fail

6. ShermanB

ShermanB Thread Starter

Webcam driver open fail is message that comes up when I click on webcam Camera Assistant Software

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I doubt that anyone is going to be able to offer any help or even ask more questions until you answer the two questions that I posed in post # 3.

8. ShermanB

ShermanB Thread Starter

WebCam driver open fail.....and no web cam in Device Manager......was there when new...TOSHIBA SUPPORT SCREWED UP SYSTEM AND i ENDED UP WITH REINSTALLING AFTER MAKING BACKUP...i'VE TRIED TOSHIBA SITE FOR DOWNLOAD OF CAM AND CAMERA ASSISTANT SOFTWARENOTHING NOW. SORRY YOU DIDN'T GET EARLIER POSTS I SENT.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP...Barry

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Assuming that there also is no warning or error in Device Manager ...

See if the web cam became disabled in the BIOS (Setup). If it is enabled there, or does not appear there, I have to agree with your "camera itself somehow got fried." Or loose or (physically) disconnected, but I doubt that you can easily access it to investigate.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice