1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed with Win32/heur on SD card

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by KikiA, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KikiA

KikiA Thread Starter

Hi,

I've never posted on one of these sites before and I know very little about this type of thing so please bear with me.

I went travelling and stupidly forgot to lock one of my SD memory cards before putting it into a hostel computer (dumb I know!!!). Anyway, from what I could tell it turned the files into exe. files. When I put the card into my camera you can see all of the pictures as normal. I have just tried to put it into an old laptop I have and used AVG to scan it and it says it is infected with Win32/heur.

Please advise what I can do. Is there any way to save the photos whilst removing the virus? One friend told me there might be an autorun file I have to re-write but I really have no idea where to begin! I would really love to get the pictures back if at all possible!

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice