1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Needed with Winzip

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by byanoseau, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byanoseau

byanoseau Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to create a .zip file or a folder/directory using winzip and retain the file structure of the folder/directory?
    By that I mean, if there was a folder called test and included in that folder were sub-folders called test1, test2, test3 and individual files setup.exe etc, is it possible to create a .zip file that when uncompressed retains the test1, test2 etc format?
    I've tried to do this and it zips every file to the one directory. In other words, all the files contained within test1, test2 etc are all put together.

Thanks for your help.

BAN

2. hewee

hewee

Yes I just did it with Winzip. I made folder 1 and but folder 2 inside if it and 3 in 2 and 4 in 3 etc and zipped it up.

But when I went to open the zip I could not see anything.
    So I went to the sub folder 4 and put in a image.
    Zipped that up and opened it up and I could only see the image file.
    But when I unzipped it all the folders were there with the image.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice