Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Help Needed] WRT54G - Cannot Open Ports (Details inside)

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  synix09 
#1 ·
Hello. I've tried everything I could but there is no way I can open any ports. They don't even open with DMZ enabled... Either I'm doing something wrong or my router is malfunctioning.

I'm under Windows XP. My Windows Firewall is DISABLED (Firewall). I've set up a static IP address (Static IP). My antivirus is NOD32 2.5.

My router is a Linksys Wireless WRT54G v2. I'm using Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) mini. I am connected through a Cat5 cable (not using wireless). I've configured the port opening (Port Range Forward).

My cable modem is a Motorola SURFboard® Cable Modem SB5120 (Modem). My internet provider is Suddenlink (Speed Test Results).

Port Scans:
(Using www.whatsmyip.org/ports/)
(Using www.amule.org/testport.php)
(Using www.canyouseeme.org/)

I've even tried restoring the router to Factory Default but with no luck. I've scanned my computer for viruses/spyware/ect already. If you need any other information, don't hesitate to ask. Any help is appreciated here. I've lived with it for almost 2 years now, all my friends have tried to solve this problem with no success. I figured it was time I asked the crowd here. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know anything about the DD-WRT configuration, but there should be no issue port forwarding with the Linksys stock firmware. Perhaps you can be specific as to the ports you're trying to forward? Also, can you post screen shots of the configuration screen after you reboot the router and re-enter the web based setup?

#5 ·
Even after the restart, if I use any Port Scans for any of those ports, they'll all say "Timeout". I just tried with most of those ports listed. I used Azureus' NAT/Firewall Test and it says this:

Code:
Testing port 50086 ... 
NAT Error - Connect attempt to <ip address>:50086 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.

#6 ·
synix09 said:
Even after the restart, if I use any Port Scans for any of those ports, they'll all say "Timeout". I just tried with most of those ports listed. I used Azureus' NAT/Firewall Test and it says this:

Code:
Testing port 50086 ... 
NAT Error - Connect attempt to <ip address>:50086 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.
From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit www.StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.
That basically means we can't help you port forward for P2P applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.