1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by guga10, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guga10

guga10 Thread Starter

Hi. My pc worked great for almost 1 year but then it started doing strange things. One day I turned it on and there was no output on display. I clicked the restart button on the case but instead of restarting it shut down and immediately started again. No display again. Then it worked normally for couple of days. Then it began to shut down and start up automaticly
    when I wanted to turn it on. I can't even if it starts Windows because no display output again and my PC keeps rebooting itself. Display goes sleep, when I try to start up but it works on the other other PC-s. I have i5 Nvidia 440 gt, RAM 4gb. Help please. Thanks.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Your power supply may be failing. Can you swap in a known good power supply from another computer to test?

3. guga10

guga10 Thread Starter

Gonna find it. I've never touched the inside parts of my PC . Is it easy? Do I have to watch some tutorials before? thanks

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

5. guga10

guga10 Thread Starter

I'l let you know when I'm done. Thanks anyways.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!