Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help needed

343 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  nd127ao 
#1 ·
I just recently cloned/copied all my data from a 250gb SSD to a 1TB SSD because I needed more space and when I try to boot to the bigger SSD, the bios reads that I have a 1TB SSD but when I boot to it, it still says my local drive is 250GB (I took this SSD out completely) and I thought maybe it wasn’t formatted when I cloned everything. So I’m in my disk management and it’s broken up in to parts where 250GB is made up of what was cloned. The rest says “unallocated”. How do I make it where it’s all one piece/drive and not broken up to where it says my drive is full right now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m struggling bad at this point. Thanks

#2 ·
Type diskmgmt.msc in the search box, then press the Enter key.
When the Disk Management window appears, expand its size so all its drives and information in them can be viewed.
Submit an image of that expanded window.

-------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
I just recently cloned/copied all my data from a 250gb SSD to a 1TB SSD because I needed more space and when I try to boot to the bigger SSD, the bios reads that I have a 1TB SSD but when I boot to it, it still says my local drive is 250GB (I took this SSD out completely) and I thought maybe it wasn't formatted when I cloned everything. So I'm in my disk management and it's broken up in to parts where 250GB is made up of what was cloned. The rest says "unallocated". How do I make it where it's all one piece/drive and not broken up to where it says my drive is full right now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm struggling bad at this point. Thanks
You need to use a clone program that can expand the partitions to fill the 1TB drive. Acronis True Image (not free) can do it. I'm not positive but I think Macrium Reflect (the free version) can also do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.