1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help needed!!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by hubb, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubb

hubb Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    Basically I have a windows xp laptop and am having some troubles as I think I have a virus. My symptoms have been:
    -on msn the screen randomly flicks through all my contacts online and then signs off automatically. While it is doing this, the mouse doesn’t work and I cannot do anything. I found out from talking to my contacts that it has sent them random messages about pictures and gives them a link (presumably for a virus) eg “have you seen my vacation pics?”. msn also often randomly closes and an error message appears telling me it has to close, would I like to send an error report.
    -on the internet, a similar error message appears telling me that it must close. This often happens within a few minutes of going on and even sometimes within the first few seconds.

After recommendation from my friend I did a virus scan with AVG anti virus which found several viruses of which 9 were sent to the vault. After this I did a spyware scan with ad aware but during the scan the whole screen suddenly went blue and in big white letters said that there was an error and that the computer had to shut down. It then restarted and I tried the scan again but the same thing happened. After it restarted again I tried a scan with spybot but the same thing happened for a third time. After this I gave up with the scans.

At the moment the computer is very slow and when I get onto msn the error reports still come up and it closes. This is the same for the internet as well, for example I have written this on word and have to copy and paste it because the internet closed down once before when I was halfway through writing!

Anyway I really hope you can help me and any help really will be very much appreciated!! I am not very good with computers so unfortunately need all the help I can get!
    Thanks once again
    hub

2. hubb

hubb Thread Starter

help guys! i really need this to do my a level coursework!!! any suggestions or tips will be gratefully apreciated!!

3. hubb

hubb Thread Starter

a response would be nice please...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice