1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Needing help with restoring/backing up files to iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by Cheecob, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheecob

Cheecob Thread Starter

Problem:

My sister was saving all of her somewhat 4000 photos she had, and she thought It was completed. The next day she got a new phone (knew they were going to wipe her old one), and look to get the files back into her new one. Unfortunately, the files from iCloud say they are corrupt/not completed.

Is there anything I can do to get this back?

*We talked to a lot of people, (including Apple themselves), and other professional restoration people.

Even if there is not a way to do this just say in the comments so I could potentially stop looking,

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

She went to an Apple store and talked to a Genius? Does she see the photos when she logs into her iCloud account?

3. Cheecob

Cheecob Thread Starter

Hey, Tony! Thanks for the reply. I ask and she cannot see the actual pictures.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

What did the Apple Genius say? What does she see when she logs into iCloud?

5. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Did she store the photos on iCloud or did she do a Photos backup to iCloud? There is a difference. In some cases, they don't actually transfer the original photos to iCloud. The originals may still be somewhere, either on her MAC or iPhone. Second, did she backup the iPhone. If she did, try restoring the backup. The photos might be there in the backup.

6. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    You may want to call this person to see if he can help you recover your data. I am not quite sure how much will he charge you but it is up to you to decide.
    https://mailin.repair/shipping-and-returns/

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice