1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help networking 2 computers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by e503, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. e503

e503 Thread Starter

I bought a d link router (I think its DI 614P?). I hooked it up to my computer (XP). Seemed to go okay...much better than the HP router i had- i can connect with no problem.. My daughter has a computer with ME on it. I have a Belkin usb network adapter. I installed it on her computer. I can't get her computer on the internet. I have spent way too much time trying to get this together, can someone please tell me how to set it up on ME? I dont have a clue why its not working. thanks,
    elise

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, first off, the Belkin USB adapter is suspect. I'd buy a real PCI Ethernet card, they're a much better choice for networking. You can have a Netgear NIC for less than $20, I've used them for years with 100% success. USB is not designed for networking, and even if you get past the driver issues, you may still have problems if you use other USB devices on that computer.

3. e503

e503 Thread Starter

Thanks. since i am going to buy a new one, which should I buy? (Or did you say in your previous message?)

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I use Netgear, but most any PCI NIC would be better than a USB connection. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice