1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP: Networking policy server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fionehmongchiq, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fionehmongchiq

fionehmongchiq Thread Starter

i just bought a desktop computer from Hp with Windows Vista and i'm having trouble connecting to the internet. I also got a 802.11 b/g wireless lan pci card with it too. I have broadband internet connection along with a Motorola Modem and Linksys router. My computer is picking up the linksys router but I can't connect to the internet. When I try to diagnose the internet connection, a window pop up saying, "Network diagnostics cannot run because the Diagnostics Policy Service is not running." Then underneath it, it says that I will need to manually start the diagnostics policy service then i can run the network diagnostics. Well, i did what it told me to do but it it won't allow me. It clearly says, "Windows could not start the diagnostics policy service on Local computer. Error 5:Access is denied." I don't know what else to do. I called comcast but they couldn't help me. Someone help!:(

2. chrissteel1980

chrissteel1980

Hi, I am having the exact same issues, did you get anything sorted?

3. fionehmongchiq

fionehmongchiq Thread Starter

Hi! I had my ex-coworker fix it for me. He said that there was something wrong with operating system and Window xp. So he had to reinstall everything for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice