1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help new linksys ea9300 with Att service

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Smntnl, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smntnl

Smntnl Thread Starter

Can someone please help me! I purchased this Linksys Max-Stream EA9300, I got it today and trying to set it up. I have AT&T dsl (which is horrible).
    Now let me say I am not good at this kinda stuff anymore since my brain tumor on 2014 so please take it easy on me if I don’t understand something I am really trying here!!
    So the first thing I did was unbox the EA9300. I read the guide. I set it up step by step. I have ATT router/modem combo.
    So I set it up and I knew it was too good to be true that I set it up that easily- the connection literally went off then on then off then on and even the minute here and there it was “on” we couldn’t get anything to pull up online. So I searched the net high and low for a solution (oh after I called linksys support and they was ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELP AND LITTERALLY COULD NOT COMPREHEND MY PROBLEM) so I found a few things that said to disable my ATT WiFi on the WiFi router and also to go in the settings on the linksys router and bridge-
    So every single time I try something I can’t login to the router settings. The 192.168.1.1 will NOT login. It was just a whole mess soooo I reset the Linksys router (for the 5th time) and started over again and now I can’t even get my laptop to connect (even using a wired connection) to the linksys settings. I am literally just ready to take this thing back and get my $300
    Bucks back and say forget it!!! Can someone
    Please (kindly) help me!! I am just at a loss for what to do! I have even contact led AT&T for help (which of course was a waste of two hours on hold to be told we don’t help with that)

(Picture where shows the status of the Linksys is when I got it working at first- and it would constantly go red (not connected) to green (connected) within 45 seconds

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Before learning any of the details let me point out that when you daisy-chain two routers you seldom get reliable (if any) internet access through the second router if both routers are using the same IP subnet.

What IP subnet is the modem/router using? If you do not know, connect a Windows computer to the modem/router by ethernet or wireless, run the command "ipconfig" in a Command Prompt window, and see what the IP address is.

To what IP subnet does the Linksys default (my guess is 192.168.1.x)? The user manual or quick start guide will probably tell you at least the IP address of the router's LAN (e.g., 192.168.1.1).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice