1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help New !

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by DenniZ, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DenniZ

DenniZ Thread Starter

Hi i just downloaded toaster titanium 7 for the macbook in the household and i am wondering about the risks of this ! with a pc nothing really takes notice but because there is no firewall on the mac i can't tell if anything is going on in the background !
    many thanks

DenniZ

2. macdudenj

macdudenj

I do not understand your question. You downloaded Toast Titanium 7 from where? A legitimate retailer would have SSL encryption. You can tell because the address bar is yellow. Please describe your scenario more clearly.

3. VegasACF

VegasACF

Yeah, I'm completely unclear as to what you are asking. Toast is CD/DVD burning software. The only risk you have is what you choose to do with it.

If you're asking what your risks are regarding downloading pirated versions of software, well, they are numerous, and doing harm to your computer is only the tip of the iceberg. You are also violating United States and international Intellectual Property law and could face large fines or terms in prison.

Please be clear about what you're asking so we can better help you. If it is the latter of the two things mentioned above then you're best off taking your question elsewhere. We do not much cotton to thieves, and that is what people who pirate software are.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice