1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP.No audio. and stuck in windows classic mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kuia, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kuia

kuia Thread Starter

OK this is so desperate. my Brand new Toshiba laptop has got some problems already.i feel so bad,.,,anyways here are the problems:

-my task bar is set to the windows classic mode but i couldnt set it to xp one(the blue one) cuz it just shows up the error message "Unhandled win32 exception occurred in scvhost.exe...

- theres no audio,. aka youtube,windows media.,.anything with audio just didnt work
    i tried to control panel/audio. but it says no audio device and i couldnt change the volume cuz it was like grey and couldnt move it,

-my last problem which is the most annoying is when i start up..after i put in my pass to log in, it toke soo long to start up,. like wow..it toke a while ..,.when i ctrl+alt del i saw that idle process thing has like 99 cpu beside it,,,

uhh i feel so miseralbe i cant even sleep ...this all started after doing this"

i downloaded vista inspirita 2 from crystalxp.net and installed it for a better theme but after it just went "blah" ....

please make suggestions on any of those please do help

thanks a bunch in advance.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Advice no.1, do a "System Restore"
    Did you have audio before?

3. kuia

kuia Thread Starter

yes i had audio b4. i couldnt system restore cuz theres like no check points...this laptops pretty new,.

4. zabusant

zabusant

Well, for sound - try reinstalling the drivers.
    But the truth is, if it's that new, think about doing a clean install of Windows. You've got the recovery CD, right? Just make sure you backup, if you've got any important files. Don't know about the site where you got the theme, but a lot of these kind of things ("free" themes, screensavers...) are bundled up with viruses.

5. kuia

kuia Thread Starter

i dont think the theme was a virus cuz i had it on my desk top and it worked fine..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice