1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Norton Antispam has me in a do loop c/n open OE6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by miltw, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miltw

miltw Thread Starter

I recently installed Norton Internet Security 2004 to my XP Machine and for some reason I cannot get into Outlook Express.

I keep getting the following error message :

"The Folder could not be created. A folder name must contain at least one character"

I checked the Norton knowledge base and they identified the exact problem -blamed it on the fact that I don't have OE as my default mail client. Fixed that and it still puts me in "do loop" by asking me to restart OE. Out of frustration I called Norton Tech Support, however they want to charge me $29.95 per incident. Tech Support person suggested I try creating a new user and that did not help. Has anyone expereinced this problem ? Need help ! :confused:

2. miltw

miltw Thread Starter

Problem solved ! Extracted (cut) Antispam folder from Symantec Common Files folder. Put the folder in a safe place on the desktop. Restarted Outlook and it let me get in to change Outlook to the default mail client within the application. Put the Antispam folder back into the Common Files folder and restarted OE. OE and Anitspam now working perfectly. Man, that was a frustrating problem. To think I was going to fall prey to the $29.95 per incident Tech Support of Symantec. :eek: I hope this helps someone else. :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice