1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help on Alienware Laptop which processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Corwej, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Corwej

Corwej Thread Starter

I know this may seem small, but I have a good buddy that is buying an alienware laptop Area 51 extreme and he cannot decide between a p4 3.4Ghz with a 512K cache and a p4 3.2 Ghzwith 2.5Meg cache. Which will give him better performance on the latest and greatest games. There is a $600 difference between the 2 with the larger cache laptop being more expencive.

Thanks

2. Rockn

Rockn

The one with the larger cache will obviously give you the better performance. If the caches were the same you would notice little or no difference in performance.

3. Corwej

Corwej Thread Starter

Do you think it would be a big jump in performance since the cost is slightly over 600 he is not sure if it would be noticeable in gaming since that is his focus.

4. Rockn

Rockn

If it is for gaming, yes it will help. I would also look very carefully at the graphics card specs and the hard drive specs. Why would you want a laptop for gaming unless you are going to LAN parties?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice