1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help on upgrading computer.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by iamstuck, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

ok i have an intel celeron proccesor 64mb RAM 400 mhz speed SiS 6326 display card.
    is it possible that i can upgrade it into an intel pentium 4 proccesor?, with adding 20.4 GB into my comp making it into 1.5 or 2.0 Ghz.
    I don't know if my motherboard is compatibble with it, upgrading my intel celeron comp into an intel pentium 4 proccesor.
    Im not that bright with computers and i need suggestions if i can do that.
    My dad doesn't want to buy a new comp, he just wants to upgrade the hard drive, the speed, the video card, intel celeron into intel pentium 4 processer and add a burner because we already have the printer, monitor, speakers and stuff.
    well is it possible?

thnx to any response.

2. TechChick

TechChick

No, you can't upgrade to a Pentium 4. You would have to buy a new motherboard. By the time you buy all that stuff you could have a new computer with a good warranty and new software. You would also avoid the headaches of trying to configure the hardware yourself. Dell usually has great deals.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/products/model_dimen_dimen_4400.htm

3. bestshotdude

bestshotdude

I agree but one other solution is to try a local "Mom & Pop" computer store. They may give you some credit on trade ins of some of your older equipment as sometimes they have people coming in looking for a "starter" computer and what you have could be useful. They will be especially more considerate when you don't want to buy a monitor and everything else like Dell can be.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice