Help-outlook 2002 distribution list

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JoeE

I recently bought a new computer with Windows XP and Office 2002.

I successfully transfered data for contact folders. When creating distribution lists, I noticed that in the distribution list, the "NAME" column listed the e-mail addresses as did the "EMAIL ADDRESS COLUMN"

Yet the fields in my contact address books are all correctly filled in (just as I had in Outlook 98)

Now the distribution list works, but it is annoying to not be able to see names so I can keep the list updated. A number of the e-mail addresses are difficult to decipher.

I have gone to Microsoft - do details on sorting the fields within the distribution list. Microsoft won't talk to me because software was OEM with Dell. Dell says they don't support software. No documentation I have looked for addresses this issue. It is frustrating. Anyone with a solution??
Thanks

Martial33

Phil
JoeE.

In the words of a famous politician "I feel your pain".

I think Outlook Express was wheeey easier. I dunno how I got roped into Outlook other than its got some god features like calendar that you dont have to revert to another calender for (eg everything is supoededly in one place)

Also I think its bogus how MS shifts the blame to others. MS made teh softwere the dealer only sells it. If you blow up a tire on your GM car, you can still talk to Firestone about it.

In business, obviously large companies only want to sell more stuff they realise that fixing stuff is generally costing them money (unless you pay for it).

Anyway, I have a office Im associated with. Most people dont go there so we all use outlook.

In the "contacts area" under "actions" you can see "create new distribution list:

Under select members you should be able to highlight the ones you want in that list.

Then, when you want to send to those, you type the group name and it send to all of them.

To review them you can go back to the original box and add, delelte, or modify them.

Lemme know if that helps.

best,

JoeE

Thanks, but I have tried that approach several times. It would work perfectly in Outlook 2000 -- but not 2002.

While I can use my distribution list, I can't see the contact names in the "NAME" column of the contact list. It looks like a program flaw in that NAME is pulling the e-mail address. Can find no documentation to change that. :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online