1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!Outlook Express wont load up!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by astrodaddy, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. astrodaddy

astrodaddy Thread Starter

I keep getting this message when I try to open Outlook Express 6.0

Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Krelian

Krelian

3. astrodaddy

Thanks Krelian! Havent tried it yet,im downloading an evaluation copy of winzip so I can open the downloaded dll file right now.Ill post back with the results.Thanks again!

4. astrodaddy

Okay, I downloaded the DLL file and successfully unzipped it, but what do I do with it? I thought it would automatically load where its supposed to but oops, it doesnt.Help!

5. Krelian

Krelian

Try putting it here:
    C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\

Is it telling you it can't find the DLL?

6. astrodaddy

No, its simply saying it could not be loaded.And I tried putting it in C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\ but its still coming up with the same message.

7. astrodaddy

Also tried scandisk and rebooted but same problem.Im wondering if I should try to download IE6 again and reinstall it since outlook is a part of it.Went to Microsofts web-site but little help there.Should I post a HJ log here?Would it help my problem?

8. Krelian

Krelian

It might help, I'm not a big expert on outlook express. If you're looking for the windows update page, it's located at:

htpp://www.windowsupdate.com

Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Outlook Express, then head over to windows update and reinstall it. Worth a try.

9. astrodaddy

Going to go give it a try, ill post back with the results.

Thanks a mill Krelian!

10. deh

deh

11. astrodaddy

Im running ME right now.And the error message has changed. It now reads=
    Outlook Express could not be started because MSOERES.DLL could not be found.Outlook Express may not be installed correctly.

What to do next?

12. deh

deh

You could try a repair by.
    Start->Run
    type in
    MSINFO32 click ok
    choose Repair Internet Explorer from the Tools menu of System Info.

If there is no option for that goto add/remove programs and choose remove with IE 5 and over you will get an option to Repair.

If you have multiple versions of this or niether work then try this:

(Note I am not currently around an ME machine running IE 6 so am not 100% sure if this is the correct command;couldn't try it out, so I would try the first two to attempt repair first).

Copy and paste the following in Start->Run dialog box:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

13. astrodaddy

Okay, gonna give a shot, be back soon and thanks Deh and Krelian for all your help.Be posting back soon.

14. Krelian

Krelian

I'd like to confirm, that command does in fact work in WindowsME.

15. astrodaddy

Funny you should say that Krelian, cuz my ME did not respond to that.I received an error (cant remember what it was now) So I went ahead with the hard route. I uninstalled IE back to a previous version then upgraded back again which reinstalled Outlook.Then of course I had to put it back they way I had it with netzero and im happy to say everythings back to normal. I also tried doing a repair but it said internet explorer could not be repaired so down the long road I went. Oh and by the way I forgot to mention I uninstalled Outlook as well before all the upgrading.Thanks again for the help though and if I run into any more problems ill most definitly be back.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice