1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help - Pc Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sniperlynx, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sniperlynx

Sniperlynx Thread Starter

Okay, so I got a computer about a year ago, i thought it would still be good for gaming for now but the new games that I play it just doesn't work with great as I'd expect. I have a small list of specs, Not really sure on how to dig up more.

Someone tell me what I need to improve to have a decent/good gaming computer.

Windows XP
    Pentium 4 @ 2800 GHZ
    1024 MB of Memory
    160 GB Hard Drive
    1.00GB of RAM
    Radeon X300 SE 128MB Hypermemory

If you need more tell me how to get it and I'll place it here.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can get a lot more details about your machine using PCWizard[​IMG].

In addition to the info, PCWizard has a benchmarking section that you can use to compare your components to other ones. That way you can see where yours stack up and what video cards, sound cards, CPU's, etc. are rated higher than yours.

3. Sniperlynx

Thank you very much!:D

4. Sniperlynx

Double Post: Sorry

I see what is rated higher than mine, but I wish to know what I really need to upgrade in order to be really good, I'm not technical with all of these different types of things, myself I think my PC is okay, apparently, it's not. I'm kind of retarded in the way that someone will need to tell me what I need to improve. Very much Appreciated!:D

5. batharoy

batharoy

If you can post specifics about your motherboard and graphics we can be of much more help to you.
    You should be able to find the information somewhere with that PC Wizard software.

6. Sniperlynx

Man... I'm real bad at looking up all this stuff =l

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

In PCWizard, go to File > Save As... and choose to save a report on your hardware. Save it in .txt format and post it here (unless it's a whole book, and then you can zip it and attach it here).

8. kev1952

kev1952

The specs you listed are okay except for the video card. To play a lot of the high end games nowadays you need to get a beefier video card. I'm no expert on video cards but I do know that what you have is next to useless for graphics intensive games (or any other graphic intensive work, for that matter). You also need to know that a good video card can cost lots of dollars so you need to choose carefully. Check out some of the gaming forums that abound on the net - those guys get really heavily involved in this sort of stuff and should be able to offer more specific advice.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

The video is certainly not very good for games. The card has only 32 megs of memory (that "hypermemory" crap means that the rest is borrowed from the system). So it's good for 2D but not too great for 3D.

Sniperlynx:

No one can just create a shopping list for you. There are 100's of products out there, so you need to decide for yourself what to get.

The best thing for you to do is to look at the games you want to play and be sure that you bring your system up to meet the requirements. Then add as much on top of that as you can afford for the next games that come out.

10. cfhpantera

cfhpantera

The graphics card you have is definitely worthless for any modern day game. A high end graphics card will help but there is going to be some waste involved because a 2.8 P4 will present a huge bottleneck to any decent card these days.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice