1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help :( pc starts then turns off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Purrion, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Purrion

Purrion Thread Starter

I bought these parts and everytime I switch on PC, it just starts for 2 seconds then turns itself off. I thought it might be cpu over heating because I might of not applied the thermal paste thing right but i am pretty sure i did how manual said. I've had it running a couple of times n being able to get on bios, but now i just cant get it to run, sometimes it'll start turn off, then 20 seconds later turn itself on again then turn off. any ideas?

Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution Nvidia Special Edition Case
    AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9950 2.60GHz Black Edition (Socket AM2)
    Gainward GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
    Asus M3N-HT Deluxe HDMI nForce 780a SLi (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
    Coolermaster Real Power 700w Modular Power Supply
    GeIL 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Black Dragon EVO ONE DDR2 Dual Channel Kit
    Asus Arctic Square CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940/AM2/
    LGA775)

WHAT IS USB CURRENT OVERFLOWER?

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

Refer to the trouble shooting guide at the top of hardware page, its a very good guide. [out of case guide]

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Take it out of the case, and try to start it that way. It could be shorting against the side of the case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773382