Help please! a dll message error at vista startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darthvadr

Hi everyone! Im getting a message error at startup, it says that "gpmyyfnt.dll" file is missing. I already tried looking for that file on google and a lot of search engines, dll websites and cant find it, does anybody know what can I do? thanks!

I also try running RegCure but I have to pay for it, so the program can clean my registry, is there any other solution?

BTW Im running Windows Vista Service pack 1,

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
You have spelt it correctly? I have a Dbase on my computer containg pretty much all the known dll's. It doesn't appear there.
A wild guess but it looks suspiciously like something to do with a game. Have you installed or uninstalled any lately?
Try looking in the Startup tab of MsConfig and see if there is any third party app running which you are not clear about.

darthvadr

hi, yeah I spelt it correctly, that problem appeared on my computer when I got infected with MS Antivirus, I deleted the virus and the folders with Super AntiSpyware and blocking some programs at my vista startup with a startup manager, I dont know how many files were deleted but, since then, I get that message, I also tried allowing acces to the blocked programs with no luck, hope you can help me

Sorry for my english.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
No problem with your English!
Apart from the suggestions I have made, I cannot think of any solution other than a recovery or reinstallation.
As far as I can gather, MS AntiVirus would not, in itself, have made the error. It is itself a nasty trick but would only be effective if you acted on the false information it supplied.
I think your subsequent attempts to get rid of it have , unfortunately, been the real culprit.
I can't help feeling you have something left over from the virus, which is injecting the error. Try the Msconfig again.
Also have a look here and see if it will help. It's the most descriptive site I could find:
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-ms-antivirus-2008.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!