1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP PLEASE Asus 9600xt video card issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fastlane247, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I just got this asus 9600xt video card and i cant install any drivers for it .. soon as i do the screen goes black and i get a flashing cursor and that is it.. i did have it working at one point but not any more... i have ran 2 formats and still nothing.... this sucks big time because i cant return it ....please if anyone has any suggestions thank you

2. dai

dai

i have found the asus drivers a real pain to install properly
    you don't say what op sys. this is for xp
    press f8 when you boot
    choose safe mode
    in the device manager uninstall the video card
    reboot pressing f8 again this time choose vga mode
    when windows finishes reinstalling the card
    then install the drivers best to run the setup disk that came with the card
    i have found using updated drivers direct from nvidia no good as asus seems to have some extras included in their drivers

3. Derrick

Derrick

If you can return it and get a built by ati card, better warranty.

4. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

the asus drivers are the ati drivers... they dont have any special ones at all....and i thank all of you for your help but i actually have a friend with the same issue so i am going to buy the ati 9800pro today... yaaay.... so that should solve it for me i think :D.. any way i thank you all again for the help much appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice