1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Please!! Fios Nim-100 and Linksys E300

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BigGameJame17, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigGameJame17

BigGameJame17 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I have been without wifi for several weeks and I am a journalist so Its very frustrating to say the least. Please help I have been working on this for weeks and have finally turned to this website and forum for help as I should have done from the start. I am still learning the language and proper configurations of home networking but I have in the past been able to personally resolve most networking issues unil now. I live in a back house so the main house's WIFI(Fios) barely shows up and is rarely able to stay connected thus I have a NIM-100 to extend the network and have my own personal wifi. I have a linksys E3000 router for my wifi and everything worked fine for a few years until now. I also recently bought a TRENDnet TEW680 to help extend my networks capabilities and effectiveness. However despite all of these devices being set up I still have had no luck trying to fix this myself. I can connect directly to the NIM with an ethernet cable and I can connect through the TEW680 if it is plugged into the NIM's ethernet port. My E3000's Wifi shows up but I can not connect to it. I've tried everything I could, taking a couple steps back in the process actually not getting ethernet at some points but to no avail. Please help me get my network up and running smoothly and go easy on the technical language please as I am still learning. Is it my coaxial cables? I understand they vary and are programmed for specific services. Do I need to reprogram them? If so how? Do I need to reboot my NIM if so hom? Does the problem start at the actiontech router inside the main house and if so what would I need to do when I log in to the routers interface to make the proper adjustments? Do I need to make interface changes to the Linksys router and if so what? It doesnt help that Cisco has yet to release an upgrade for cisco connect with the new mac system upgrade. Any help would be appreciated as well as thorough explanations to help me understand the problems and learn for future reference as I find all of this ectremely interesting and despite being without wifi for weeks out here I have learned a great deal. Thanks for your help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice