1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help please! -Forbidden access-

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Stylisheuropean, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stylisheuropean

Stylisheuropean Thread Starter

Hello, I used to visit this site always and I never had this problem until today. When I typed in the URL, the page came up blank with the writing that said: "Forbidden, you don't have permission to access/ on this server." is it possible this is only a temporary thing?
    If you can please help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thank you.
    The URL address is: http://gethappy.net/

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

That seems to be a server side error. Nothing you can do about it, other than report it. If you use whois, you can probably find the person in charge.

3. Stylisheuropean

Thank you lunarlander :) since I'm not too familiar with security/Internet access..Can you tell me how I would be able to contact the person in charge?

4. Stylisheuropean

Lunarlander, with your help i was able to find two email addresses to contact in regards to gethappy.net :) i know it sounds silly but, would you please help me in rewording things to write to the person in charge? I don't know how to exactly phrase it. Thank you!

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Just tell them by going the address, you get that forbidden error.

6. Stylisheuropean

Actually, i tried emailing to both addresses I mentioned & apparently the addresses weren't able to receive my email. Maybe they deleted those email accounts..I got a message failure error in return from both saying the emails cannot be made through to the following address. This never had happened to me where a popular site just runs down like that.. Bummer :/ I hope they can clear up the error & get the site back up and running soon!

7. Stylisheuropean

Does anyone else think they know why this site is showing an error all of the sudden? Can it just be a temporary thing?

8. TOGG

TOGG

Checking that site with ID Serve (a tool which 'interrogates' servers), produced this result;

"Initiating server query ...
    Looking up IP address for domain: www.gethappy.net
    The IP address for the domain is: 128.121.65.140
    Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
    [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
    The server returned the following response headers:
    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:28:00 GMT
    Server: Rapidsite/Apa/1.3.33 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8d
    Connection: close
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    Query complete.'

If the reference to 'Open SSL' means that this site was operated as a 'secure' site, it is possible that the recent problems with the hacking of a Dutch Certification Authority might mean that this site's certificates have been revoked so that it can no longer operate securely and its servers have been set to refuse connections. That is pure speculation on my part, based on no evidence at all!! If my speculation turned out to be correct, the situation could be temporary if the owners can afford a new SSL certificate.

Obviously, if the site owners/promoters have gone out of business, it may never reappear.

9. LoftyLibran

LoftyLibran

Hi Stylish, I had the same issue as you- which is why I found this thread via search. I was sad the site went down!! The man who wrote the content is "Dr. Michael Fordyce" and if you search his name, you get lots of resources pertaining to the material on "get happy"... it's not the same as the online book, but there is stuff there for perusing.

It just sucks for us. LOL!!

10. link88

link88

Great news guy! I mentioned that this site was down & someone posted a link to this "time machine" thing so we can go back and start reading it again!
    http://wayback.archive.org/web/

Just type in www.gethappy.net and you can view the entire website as of January, earlier this year! I'm surprised no one here suggested it. I made this account just to notify you guys & whoever else might be googling how to get it back cause it made me happy to be able to start reading again =).

Cheers,

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice