Help Please Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MuRdA

Hi i play rogue spear and i was wondering if u can fix my graphics i have windows xp pro geforce 5500 oc. i can run all other games better except rogue spear. please help me i got new vid drivers and every thing else PLEASE HELP. i chop alot in it plz help.

what are the recommended memory requirements in the game? Are you trying to run the game at a higher setting then what is recommended for your system?

MuRdA

no all the settings are on low and the requirements are

Windows® 95/98
DirectX® 6.1
233MHz Pentium® MMX® (or equivalent) w/3D hardware acceleration
266MHz Pentium® MMX® (or equivalent) w/out 3D hardware acceleration
32MB RAM (64MB Recommended)
16-bit SVGA video card 4MB
SoundBlaster® 16 or compatible sound card
200MB free, uncompressed hard drive space
4x CD-ROM drive
Properly configured TCP/IP connection at 28.8Kbps or faster for online, multiplayer gaming
Joystick or other gaming device optional

100% of people who know the problems with this game or possible solutions to your problem will find your thread better if it wasnt named "help please help"...It is easier to find someone to help if you even just put the name of the game in the subject "help with rogue spear"

MuRdA

Intel® Pentium® 4 that runs at 1.80, 2.00, 2.40, or 2.50 GHz internally and 400 MHz externally;

System Information

System chip set
Intel 845GL

DMA channels
seven

Interrupt levels
24 APIC mode

System BIOS chip
2 Mb (256 KB)

System clock
400-MHz data rate

1 gig ram
geforce 5500 overclocked
200 watt power supply

Your system looks quite capable. Is your hard drive being accessed while this chop is happening?

he means other programs . shut off all other running programs. might help. plus you probably need to run the game in compatability mode for 98. xp won't run some games made for 98
personally i don't think you have enough power supply either. go for at least a 300 watt QUALITY psu preferably 400 watt or better.

MuRdA

i have 19 running processes and i just bought a power supply yesterday :)

not the running processes. hit start, run, type msconfig in the box,ok, startup and see how many programs start when you boot. you only really need anti virus, firewall, and whatever anti spyware stuff running. anything else you can start when needed

did it help?
did you right click on your game play icon in programs and run it in compatability mode for windows 98?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online