Help please! I need help playing a Online MMO game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Grandychamp

Hello folks. I am new to the website and look forward to discussing topics with all of you in the "appropriate" sections.

I have a problem that I need help with though first. I have went all over looking for help and I get very little or none at all. I play this MMO game called "Thang Global." The game was brought back in beta mode this past saturday after being gone for the last 2 years. It shut down in 2009. They are bringing the game back the official servers for the game will be up March 17th. Here is the link to the "stationary" website for now. http://thangglobal.webs.com/

Before the official servers go live on March 17th, 2011 the official website will be out in March.

I use to play this game all the time on my old desktop with windows 2000. Well anyways, the game is in beta mode right now and I can launch the game just fine but, when I get in the game it lags very bad. I updated my video drivers for ATI and the lag is still terrible! One of the Gm's recommended that I update my chipset. I have no clue what a chipset is or how to update it. I went on the Toshiba website and asked for help kindly and no one has responded to me.

I own a Toshiba A105-S101 laptop. It is a older laptop I bought it in 2006. It came with a Intel(R)Celeron(R) M Proccesor
1.60GHz
1.59GHz, 1.43GB of RAM

I looked on device manager and this proccesor hasn't been updated since 2004. Is there a way to update it? I looked on the Intel website and couldn't find any updates. I didn't know if this would help the performance of this game to be played. I also run Windows XP, Home edition, version 2002 with service pack 3.

Here is a picture of the laptop on Cnet. http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-satellite-a105-s101/4505-3121_7-31835643.html

The video card I am using (graphics card, what ever you prefer) is a ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series. I updated the drivers for it on the ATI website now called (AMD) but I was able to find the drivers suitable for my system. The game still lags very bad. The lag is so bad it takes me 5 minutes just to move around and do anything. It takes a while just to open up the menu to log out of the game the lag is ridiculous. I can boot the game up just fine and sign in but once I get in game the lag is awful. Everyone was telling me the game supports 2.0 GL only now. When the official game comes out though they might support the old GL's again in the new client. Well, I believe I have a 2.0 or 2.1 GL so I believe I meet that requirement.

Here is my GL info. I downloaded this program called "GPU caps viewer." Here is the link to the website if you want to check it out. http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/

My GL Information
Catalyst 10.2 ()

Open GL- Core: 2.1 - GLSL: 1.20
Open GL Extensions- 110

Open CL-OpenCL 1.1 ATI-Stream-v2.3 (451) - CU: 1 @ 1593MHz (CPU)

Rendered Model- ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series

Open GL Version- 2.1.8545 Release
Max tess level- 0

GLSL Version- 1.20
Viewpoint- 2048
Texture size- 2048
Num MRT- 4

Then under all this there is a thing called "Open GL extensions" database. Everything I posted above was copied and pasted from the GPU Caps viewer program. I don't know if the GL is the problem I believe I have a 2.0 or 2.1 GL to play but I figured I would share the above information to see if that helps.

I talked to one of the general managers (GM's) administrators of the game and he told me to update my chipset Like I told you guys from above. I have no idea what a chipset is or how to update it. I asked him how to do this and he told me to go to the Toshiba website but I couldn't find a update, and I even asked around there on the forums and no one was able to help me. When I was looking at my motherboard information using CPU-Z, I came across this.

Here is my motherboard information

Manufacturer- ATI
Model- SB450, Rev0.4b

Then under the motherboard info it says Chipset-ATI RS400/RC400/RC410, Rev.01 is this the chipset that I need to update? Is this what the GM was talking about? Under this chipset info it says
Southbridge-ATI SB450, Rev.80
LPCIO-SMSC

Here is my BIOS infromation

Pheonix Technologies LTD
Version
Date-01/23/06 I guess its time to update this?

I am just lost and confused. When the GM told me to update my chipset I have no clue what he is talking about. I went on the Toshiba website to see if I could find something for my model and I couldn't find anything. Since I have a older laptop it is harder to find anything for my model of laptop. I really want to play this beta and game again when the official version comes out. Its a older game I use to play it on windows 2000 all the time with low requirements. They are using the same old client for the game, so nothing has changed. They have just changed up the "GL" information and that is it. I hope a solution can be found to stop this awful lag. If anyone could please help me I will be forever grateful. :D

Sincerely,
Grandychamp

Tanis

Shane
Hi,

I suspect the problrm is (and the GM has eluded to the same, thats basically what they mean by 'update your chipset') that your graphics card just isn't good enough for the game. Unfortunately with a laptop and especially one that old, there is nothing you can do to upgrade it, newer drivers won't make any real difference.

The realistic options available to you are

a) Live with it on that machine, there is nothing you can do about it.
b) Buy a new laptop with a newer graphics card and processor etc.
3) Play on a desktop with a better graphics card.

I can't actually look at the specs to compare while I am at work, my 'internet police' block so much! However, based on what you have said I don't think I would find any better solutions.

I am new to the website and look forward to discussing topics with all of you in the "appropriate" sections.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online