1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, please installing corinex av200 ethernet adpters

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nurse1972, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nurse1972

Nurse1972 Thread Starter

I am desperate for help. ALthough I already have installed several types of ethernet powerline wall mount adapters (Net Gear, Linksys, etc), I recently purchased the Corinex AV200 wall mounts. OMG is all I can say. This is what it is asking me to do, but none of it even works. I have ALSO attached a link to the instructions which are in odf format....if anyone could help me by tellimg me in dummy terms, I would truly appreciate it.....after connecting adapters, it says the followin gin the quick start guide......

"
    Change the IP address of your computer to 10.10.1.1, and the network
    mask to 255.255.0.0. For more information on how to set the IP address on your system,
    please see the User Guide, which can be found on the enclosed CD.
    4. Open a web browser (eg. Internet Explorer) and type the following address :
    http://10.10.1.69.
    5. This will open the configuration pages for your Corinex AV200 Powerline Ethernet

Wall Mount

The problem is, I cannot open thiat page...and believe me, I have tried. And tried, and tried......Im beyond frustrated. I am cleary missing something, here.

Here is the link to the product page which offers a variety of pdf files in the spport section......on same page. I just do not get what I am doing worng. Or rather, not doing at all.

http://corinex.com/product/1572.html

Thanks,

CRAZY NURSE

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You certainly have more experience with those critters than most people! I have none.

To make sure there is no conflict I'd plug in only one of those adapters into your electrical supply at a time until you have all configuration done.

When you connect a cable from adapter to computer do the ethernet LEDs light on both units? If not, gotta solve that first.

Have you set the TCP/IP properties to the suggested IP and mask, and then OKed all the way back to at least Network Connections? If you need help with this step you need to tell us your operating system.

What, including any error message, do you get when typing 10.10.1.69 into your browser's address bar?

3. Nurse1972

Nurse1972 Thread Starter

Well, here's some information that is a bit embarrassing, but important enough for me to post-if someone else has this same issue, they wont have to deal with what I had to deal with.

I was helping my mother install these over the phone; I'm here in FL, she is in Michigan. Now, these adapters usually NEVER need the software installed. you just plug both in and they work. And, the Corinex adapters would have worked, too.......except for one little problem, lol.

So, here it is, people. If you are installing these ehternet powerline adapters, read the damn directions. It clearly tell you not to plug in via a power strip........but this also includes extension cords, AND those "double" and “triple-tap” adapters that convert one AC plug into three. That was the problem. She had a double tap adapter that converted her one outlet into two. That was absolutely the entire reason......I about fell over dead. I went ahead and tested my adapters here at home with ext cords, strips and tap adapters. One set worked, one didn't.

So, there you have it. Make sure it goes directly into the outlet.......

Okay, I'm going to go bury my head in the sand. Buh bye......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice