1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP Please >My XP PC KEEPS REBOOTING

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by clincher, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clincher

clincher Thread Starter

HELP Please >>>>> The Problem is my P.C KEEPS REBOOTING>>>
    XPBoots>>F2-F11>>WindowsLogo Screen>then Black Screen>>then Back to start ReBooting Again and again.

My PC spec is >>> Dual2Core>4400>2GbRam(1+1)>320GbHDD>>>450wPSU>>>WindowsXPpro+sp3>>>10xUsb2+2xUsb3

I have Tried anOther PSU580W & HDD >>>Removed 1ram then the tried removing the other ram. The Windows Disk(genuine)
    will not offer or provide the REPAIR function, and cannot boot into Safe-Mode

During boot, keying F8 >>> selecting Safe-Mode >>> Lists files to MUP.sys >>> then hangs & then Reboots again.

Boot >> F8 >> Select >> Disable Auto Restart Again >>
    Tech Info >> STOP>Oxoooooo74, (OxOOOOOOO3, OxOOOOOOO2, Ox8008700, OxC000014C)

Remvoved 1ram card >>> Windows could not start >>> Broken/Missing or corrupt >>> windows\system32\config\sys.
    Insert Windows-system disk >>> Select R (repair) >>>
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT >>> STOP. 0x0000000E, 0X0000008F, 0X0002BF70, 0X000ZB5B0, 0X000000000

fITTED 1RAM back & REMOVED the OTHER RAM >>>>>
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE-AREA >>>> STOP. 0X00000050, 0XEF9864EC, 0X00000001, 0X806BD774, 0X00000000

The above fault occured late-Nov2010 and corrected itself in early-Dec2010 and then Re-occured on the 25Dec2010 and
    is still faulty "ReBooting" and driving me quite crazy as I do not know what to do any more
    .I would appreciate any advice and assistance in resolving problems, I am a 60s+ pc user

2. surferdude2

surferdude2

Hi Clincher,

Even with all that great testing and reporting, I'm still at a loss to pinpoint your problem.

I think you may actually have two problems and that is making it more complex.

First, boot to a memory test CD or floppy. That could help eliminate some of the hardware from the equation. (Maybe unhook the HD if necessary)

If the memory passes muster, Then download and create the manufacturers diagnostic boot media for your particular HD. Hook the drive back up and boot to the test media and run all non-destructive tests. HD Diagnostics Available Here

After knowing the results of those tests, perhaps a better plan will emerge.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

When you boot to Safe Mode and it hangs at MUP, that is NOT the fault. On a Safe mode the one it hangs at is the last one loaded. It is the one that is NOT then loaded that is the problem

IN relation to the first error - you presumably knew because of the tests that this is usually a ram error. However as always, it does NOT, you having tested it to some degree, inidcate that it IS the ram.
    It may well be another hardware error, causing the ram issue. Clearly you have eliminated the PSU.
    I would run memtest to be certain. OR Windows Memory Diagnostic
    Here is the MIcrosoft article on that first error.
    STOP>Oxoooooo74, (OxOOOOOOO3, OxOOOOOOO2, Ox8008700, OxC000014C)

That also usually indicates memory
    But I am checking further on Microsoft Tech. reference.

Again a memory issue. - frequently the result of hot plugging ram. - Please assure me you did not before I go further.

I would check your minidimps. If you cannot read them. Attach the last three to your next post.
    I would also check that the ram is properly seated ie; Both clips are ion the ram stick notches.

4. surferdude2

surferdude2

I suspect you have a bad memory stick and a corrupt registry. Testing the hardware (memory stick) is the first order of business. Then you can move on to the registry problem although checking the HD first might also be a good idea.

For a good read on this problem, Click Here.

As has been mentioned, the MUP.SYS file gets a bum rap since it isn't really at fault. It's what the system is trying to load after the MUP.SYS file that is the real problem.

5. clincher

clincher Thread Starter

I would check your minidimps. If you cannot read them. Attach the last three to your next post. Sorry but I do not know anything about minidimps, can you please advise.

I used a test disk, to do checks awhile ago. I will start checks and record.

Thank you for advice, I have health issues, I can take a while to action & respond.

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

No prob lem, just at your convenience.
    Go C drive, if that is the main hard drive, windows, then minidumps, double click the folder, are there any minidump files

If do attach the last two to start with.
    On your post on advanced you wil see Manage attachments
    Click that then browse to the mini dump, click and then upload

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice