help please. not too complicated i hope!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bessie

hi, can some one help me please. for no aparent reason when i put in a cd into the cd drive nothing is happening whether it be a music cd or photographs. normally if i put a cd in it automatically brings up the media player to play it or the photo viewing thingy to look at the pictures.

.however i was able to install a sony mp3 copy disc so it did recognise this disc.

also if i click on my computer to have a look at the disc it is showing as being empty but there is clearly a cd in the drive. i have system restore it to when i knew it was ok but still nothing.
if i try and copy something onto a cd it again tells me there is no cd in the drive .

any ideas please.

Running Disk Cleanup sometimes fixes the problem. Make sure to check all the items you can, such as delete Temp and Internet files. To access it select Start, Accessories, System Tools, and select it.

bessie

thanks but how do i do this. you have a bit of a dummy here.

bessie

re the frist. it says it cant find scannow

re the second . i did the wizard and it says either the eqipment is malfunctioning or the wizard cant find the problem..

will it help to totally crash the computer and re install the windows back to when i got it from the shop by re installing the three cd's they gave me??

will buying a disc cleaner thingy be any good if there is such a thing??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online