1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Please on how to get drivers

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by possum4ev, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. possum4ev

possum4ev Thread Starter

At the time I have microsoft windows 98 second edition and want to install windows XP I did install a while back but said I must up date drives My printer would not work with the xp nor my digital camera so I uninstall it and put back the 98 verison But I hate to not be able to use the XP now that I have bought it so what do I do how do I up date my drivers?? to work with Windows XP?

2. possum4ev

possum4ev Thread Starter

need to no how to get drives to work with windows xp my digtial camera and printer will not work with windows xp said I need to update my drivers...so how do I do that...thanks

3. ratchet

ratchet

4. possum4ev

possum4ev Thread Starter

I dont quite understand so if I install windows xp why will my printer and camera not work with it? and what if I cannot find the driver I need I have looked and don't see the driver I need that will work with my camera so where do I go from there? thank you sorry but this is new to me and I'm a dummy when it comes to all this...thank you

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

possum4ev,
    We all start somewhere. A driver communicates between the Camera or Printer and Windows. Different versions of Windows require different versions of drivers. Same language,(same camera) different dialect(different Operating system), so to speak.

You now have XP. You may not find drivers for your Hardware. If the Manufacturer chose not to support XP. You may be out of luck. Manufacturers have Web Sites and if you know the make and Model of the camera and printer, you can look for Drivers.

If you need help, post the details and some kind person will come along and help you find what you need. This site is full of nice helpful people.

6. possum4ev

possum4ev Thread Starter

You are so helpful and I thank you for being so kind here is what I have my digital camera is Panasonic 3X PalmCam pv-SD4090

and the Printer is a HP psc 750 all in one printer scanner copy
    if someone could lend me to the right place maybe to see if I can find a driver to download I would be more than thankful I went to the hp site and panasonic but did not really see what

I need are really thought maybe I would download something that I did not need....so maybe if someone could tell me witch one is the right one for what I need thank you so much....

7. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I was just at the Panasonic site. No luck. But at that price, I don't blame you. HAve you thought about the possibility ofDual booting> Having XP and 98 on the same machine? Here's an idea. Post that Question and get some information about a dual boot. See what you can work out. Plan before you try anything.

8. ratchet

ratchet

9. jbcalg

jbcalg

ditto on the camera, doesn't look like it's supported (yet - try emailing them and see what they say)
    Panasonic link

HP psc 750
    here's a link to the hp site where they talk about the printer and XP

:) all the great minds working tonight!

re camera: have you tried just plugging it into a usb port - as if you're going to use the camera software - but then open windows explorer and see if there's a new 'drive', like a cd rom drive - if so click on it to open, should see your pictures there
    - can always use other imaging software, like irfanview

10. possum4ev

possum4ev Thread Starter

I think I will go back to my old verison of windows this it to much for me..ha! and to I can't find the drivers and I have way to much money in all to go get more that will work with windows till they

get drivers that will work with windows xp and then too they may never so think I will return the xp tomorrow and stick with 98 edition I was thinking it would work with everything didn't no all

this...but thanks to you all for your help your all so very kind...

possum,

11. brianF

brianF

check the manufacturers site for both units for undated drivers for xp

Merged new thread with original

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice