Help please .. outlook frozen on Email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nij

Hi ... my first post!

could someone please help me to unfreeze my outlook inbox

I am on windows 98 and outlook 97 and .. as of the last two days.. when I receive new mail I keep getting the same item (it is not infected or questionable and from a trusted business source) and then the system locks up. I get the notification sound but the "receiving" box does not close and there is no more incoming mail.... mail that i know is waiting is now unable to get through.

to release the system the "control alt delete" keys show that "navapwr 32" is not responding.

any help would be appreciated several re boots both hard and soft have failed to correct.

regards Nij

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator

Nij

Thanks EA

I am using Norton Antivirus which is up to date thanks to Autoupdate selected.

I am a bit nervous of turning the email scan off altogether are you suggesting this as a test or as a remedy?

Further Info:.....once I end task on "navapwr 32" I am still stuck and find other functions following suit namely: "Wmexe" not responding then "Adw30" not responding.....once these are ended things go downhill rapidly and printer does not answer me either!

any help really appreciated as I am trying to get important email with time deadlines

Thanks for Looking
Nij

Nij

OK after a re-boot I tried disabling the email scan in Norton and then requested mail again .............still stuck only now there are no functions not responding but nothing is coming into the inbox except that one mail every time!

the "deliver Messages" window will not disappear and cant get rid of it

other colleagues here using the same server are OK so it seems to be me!

any ideas??

Nij

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Are your colleagues also using Outlook 97?

Have you logged onto the mail server to verify there is not a large email that will not download?

Does Outlook 97 leave a copy of the messages on the server for you?

Have you tried creating a new profile to see if the condition persists?

Are you using Exchange server?

Nij

Ans 1
the colleague i tried uses outlook express and i sent and received mail from his machine using the same mail server but different email address

Ans 2
Not sure how to log on to server but am contacting the host to try from that end to unblock it

Ans 3
I dont know about copies....will find out ...ta

Ans 4
No i have not tried new profile i will though if no joy ...ta again

Ans 5
I dont know about exchange server so probably not !!

thank you for the help will post news here as soon as i can ... gotta get this sorted today!!!

Nij

Nij

Thanks EA

I am back on now

I am not sure what finally did it ...but i got an outlook 97 patch and also got the email host to delete my waiting mail.

he also created a new password and the combination of these has given me a result

Thanks again for your help and for looking in the first place

Nij

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Thanks for posting back and letting us know! (y)

You can mark your thread solved using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online