help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davenpca

Ok, so im not sure if im in the right place, but my laptop is a HP pavilion g 7. I can press control+ w to close, and co ntrol+ p to print, and control+ n for new and all that stuff. My computer gets in a funk and starts doing those actions with the press of the letter key unaccompanied by holding the control key. i will be typing and press the w key and my window will close, i cant figure out why, the only temporary solution is to restart, but it eventually starts doing it again. Whats the deal?

davenpca

ok, i know one of you know what stupid thing im missing, please dont leave me in the dark

davenpca

I have not been playing with the sticky keys setting, and i dont think that my control key is sticking, first because i considered that at first and pumped it up and down a bunch to make sure- seems like its working fine, second because restarting wouldnt solve the problem, and it does unit it starts again.

Try checking if you have the latest BIOS flashed. Sometimes hardware problems can be fixed by updating your BIOS.

What computer manufacturer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online