1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help please

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by davenpca, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davenpca

davenpca Thread Starter

Ok, so im not sure if im in the right place, but my laptop is a HP pavilion g 7. I can press control+ w to close, and co ntrol+ p to print, and control+ n for new and all that stuff. My computer gets in a funk and starts doing those actions with the press of the letter key unaccompanied by holding the control key. i will be typing and press the w key and my window will close, i cant figure out why, the only temporary solution is to restart, but it eventually starts doing it again. Whats the deal?

2. davenpca

davenpca Thread Starter

ok, i know one of you know what stupid thing im missing, please dont leave me in the dark

3. davenpca

davenpca Thread Starter

yeah, i know its not very interesting

4. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Your control key may be sticking.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  6. davenpca

davenpca Thread Starter

I have not been playing with the sticky keys setting, and i dont think that my control key is sticking, first because i considered that at first and pumped it up and down a bunch to make sure- seems like its working fine, second because restarting wouldnt solve the problem, and it does unit it starts again.

7. thebigguyconnor

thebigguyconnor

Try checking if you have the latest BIOS flashed. Sometimes hardware problems can be fixed by updating your BIOS.

What computer manufacturer?

8. mvirata

mvirata

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice